The premium wines
which established Margaret River
With pristine beaches, crystal-clear water and abundant seafood,
the Cape Mentelle region has always been a place of natural luxury.
However, it is the unrivalled winemaking conditions that brought the Cape Mentelle winery to the Margaret River.
The ideal combination of maritime climate and ironstone soil has been instrumental in creating elegant,
refined, balanced wines with extraordinary fruit intensity – which are celebrated the world over.
Area: Margaret River, Australia Foundation: 1970
- Vivid fruitiness like fresh lime with many layers of herb aroma is extremely refreshing. Deep, complex and unique style is produced by partial barrel fermentation of the wine.
- Harmony of intense citrus, apricot, toast and hazelnuts flavors in the firmly closed tastes presents wonderful rich complexity.
- Medium to full bodied with sweet ripe fruits of mulberry, plums and currants. The structure is fine with grapey soft tannins providing great length and intensity of favour balanced by a subtle mix of roasted spices.
CAPE MENTELLE SHIRAZ
- This Shiraz is full of flavours with a hint of the northern Rhone influence. Smokey flavours harmonizes with complex and vibrant blueberry, red currants, all spice, schezuan pepper and a touch of fruit. Plush and rich with juicy bright fruits of plums, and mulberry complemented by hints of spice. The full flavoured palate is richly textured balanced by a long fine and spicy finish.
- This is the flagship wine of Cape Mentelle. Classic aroma and beautifully framed structure with perfect tannin. A masterpiece Cabernet Sauvignon to represent Australia.